In Fallout 4, Curie is a French-accented former robotic laboratory assistant, who now functions as an independent and individual wasteland researcher. You can find her on the lowest level of the secret part of Vault 81.
This Miss Nanny robot appreciates generous characters and demonstrates generosity herself by handing out items to others, including beggars. When you dialogue with her, be careful as to what you say and avoid being negative or unsupportive. Instead, use nice, peaceful, and cheerful responses. Having Curie as a companion means several things; the primary one is that your choices during your travels will only be good or neutral. Furthermore, you will shun all the bad and selfish choices.
To truly gain Curie’s support, it is important you build a good relationship with her. Therefore, avoid actions she doesn’t approve of. For instance, do not engage in theft, act in a violent manner, choose greedy or negative dialogue responses, etc. If you do any of these, you risk jeopardizing your relationship with her.
What Are Curie’s Abilities?
Curie is a highly intelligent robot with skills that that can prove useful. She has a laser pistol with infinite ammunition. She is skilled in close-to-mid range combat, science, and medicine. Also, she has the Combat Medic Perk, which allows you to heal 100 points when your health goes below 10%. However, this perk is available only once a day.
How to Get to Curie in Fallout 4
Getting to Curie in Vault 81 involves more than just walking into the vault and looking through rooms. This is because she is tucked away somewhere secret in the Vault. Hence, to recruit her, you will have to put in some effort. The following are steps on what to do.
First, enter the vault and allow Austin to take you on a tour. After the tour, seek out the classroom and talk to a girl called Erin, who will tell you that she’s lost her cat. She will also seek your help in finding it. Accept the quest and then go out of the vault. When you are outside, you will find a marker indicating the location of the cat. Along the way, you will find the cat on the sidewalk beside the pond. Go to it, talk to it, and get it to return to its owner.
After this, return to the Vault and talk to Erin. Then, proceed to the infirmary closest to you. When you get there, you’ll find a few characters quarreling in the middle of the room. You will also find Austin there who was bitten by a Mole Rat while he was wandering a secret part of the Vault. He will ask that you help him search the hidden area and find the cure for the bite.
Accept this quest, known as the “Hole in the Wall” quest. This is because it will lead you to the cure which happens to be with Curie.
Proceed to the hidden location with Bobby and go through the secret door he opens. On your way, you’ll find different enemies like Protectrons and sentry guns. Ignore them and head down the levels. On the next floor, you will find a few Mole rats. Take care of them.
After this, you will find a terminal that opens the closed door on the right side. Go through it and continue walking until you get to the end of the corridor, where you’ll find a tape on a desk beside a terminal.
Place the tape in the door terminal to enter. You’ll find Curie floating behind the window. Communicate with her through the glass, explaining that you are a member of the Vault-Tec crew. This will make her open the door.
Then, you can get the cure that will enable you complete your “Hole in the Wall” quest. Also, you will be able to recruit Curie as a companion.
How To Improve Your Relationship With Curie
Now that you know how to get Curie in Fallout 4, the next thing is to do your best to have a great relationship with her. To do this, you have to do the things she loves and shun those she detests.
The following are some of the things that please her:
Repeatable actions you should focus on
- Donate the rewards you earned from Miscellaneous Quests
- Heal Dogmeat when she’s there
- Use the “nice” or “mean” dialogue options when you’re talking to another character
- Endeavor to resolve conflicts with other characters through nonviolent means
Repeatable actions you should avoid:
- Using “greedy” dialogue options, such as requesting for increased reward for a quest
- Stealing from another character
- Being violent towards other non-violent characters (apart from Ghouls and Super Mutants)
- Being addicted to drugs
- Killing a neutral Mister Handy/Mister Gutsy
- Retrieving synths for the institute
While the aforementioned are the repeatable actions you either have to focus on or avoid, there are other one-time quest-specific actions as well.
One-time actions you focus on:
- Become a member of the Brotherhood of Steel
- With the help of Curie herself, save Danny Sullivan in the “In Sheep’s Clothing’s” quest
- Fight alongside the Ironsides to defeat the scavengers in the “Last Voyage of the U.S.S. Constitution” quest
- Inform Moe Cronin in his “Swatters” shack that baseball is not violent
- Emphasize on the significance of love when you speak to Miss Edna in the Schoolhouse in Diamond City.
- Present the experimental serum to Brian Virgil when you complete the “Glowing Sea” quest
- When you meet with The Railroad’s leader, Desdemona, defend the synths.
- Combine the U-238 with Gold and Lithium Hydride to complete the experiment at Cambridge Polymer Labs.
One-time action you should avoid:
- Choose to destroy the Railroad faction for the Institute or the Brotherhood of Steel
On a final note, Curie is a rare non-human companion that challenges you to be a better version of yourself. Follow the aforementioned steps and tips to get her out of Vault 81, and also improve your relationship with her by a lot.